We at Block Legal (hereinafter referred to as the “Block Legal”, “We” or “Us” or the “Company”) a group Company providing services to global clients in emerging technologies industry, recognize the importance of maintaining your (hereinafter referred to as “You/Your”) privacy.
We value Your privacy and appreciate Your trust in Us.
- Information we collect;
- Purposes of collecting information;
- How we collect information;
- Basis of processing of your personal information;
- Your rights;
- Duration of personal information retention;
- Data Protection Office;
- Governing law, jurisdiction and dispute resolution;
- Updates to this policy.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect personal information from you when you use our website, in the course of our business, when you contact us or request information from us, when you instruct us to provide legal services, or as a result of your relationship with any of our personnel or clients. The personal information that we process includes:
- Basic details, such as your name and your contact information (such as your email address, physical address, contact numbers);
- Technical information (including type of device you use to access the emails and websites, your IP address and your geographic location, the operating system and version, your browser type, traffic data, location data), such as information from your visits to our website (page interaction information, length of visits, the website content you view and features you access on our websites, the web pages and the search terms you enter on our websites. etc.), or in relation to marketing emails we send to you;
- Information relating to the matter on which you are seeking our legal services;
- Bank account or other financial information, if relevant to our engagement with you;
- When you contact us for help, raise a query or enquire about our services, you may provide us certain additional information to enable us to assist you.
- Any other information relating to you which you may provide to us.
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
Information directly provided by you:
- Any information that you voluntarily provide us on our website when you interact with our website (Including but limited to when you register on our website, post a comment on our Website and enquire about our services through forms).
- When you contact us for any enquiry through phone, email, chat or any other mode of communication and interact with us in respect of any of our marketing communications or events.
- When you sign up for newsletters or webinars.
- As part of our new business intake and client on-boarding or client maintenance activities, and when you seek legal services from us.
- When you provide (or offer to provide) services to us, either yourself or on behalf of your employer.
Information from browser cookies, etc.:
- Our Website might use certain tools like browser cookies, google analytics, google webmaster, and web beacons for collecting information about your usage of our website.
Information about you from third parties.
- In the event that you apply for a position with our organization, we may gather personal information concerning your past employment, qualifications, and education, as well as opinions from third-party sources about you, your employment history, and other pertinent details about you. This information will be procured from a third-party background screening service that we utilize.
- If we obtain your personal information while providing legal services, we may receive information from third-party sources such as your employer, relevant parties involved in the legal services we are providing (such as counterparties in transactions), regulators, and authorities. This information may include your name, contact details, employment specifics, and other relevant information associated with the legal services we are providing to our client.
If you are a user of any of our products or services, we may collect information that you have permitted to be publicly available.
PURPOSES OF COLLECTING INFORMATION
The purposes for which we process your personal information are as follows:
- Providing legal services to you or to comply with other contractual obligations between you and us;
- To engage in marketing and business development activity in relation to our legal services and for promotion of our legal practice. This may include sending you newsletters, legal updates, marketing communications and other information that may be of interest to you;
- Managing our business relationship with you, whether in connection with the provision of our legal services, the procurement of your goods and services, including processing payments, accounting, auditing, billing and collection and related support services;
- Complying with our legal and regulatory obligations as well as to keep records of our compliance processes;
- Managing and securing access to our premises and information technology systems, and monitoring the technology side of our operations;
- Keeping your contact details accurate and current using information provided by you, or information publicly available.
- To establish, exercise or defend our legal rights or for the purpose of legal proceedings;
- Record and monitor your use of our websites or our other online services for our business purposes which may include analysis of usage, measurement of site performance and generation of marketing reports;
- To look into any complaints or queries you may have; and
- For any purpose related and/or ancillary to any of the above or any other purposes for which your personal data was provided to us.
BASIS OF PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect and process your personal information based on one or more of the following legal parameters depending upon the nature of Personal Information and the purposes for which it is processed:
- Consent: In certain circumstances, we rely on your consent to process your personal information. If we need your consent to collect and process certain personal information as required by the applicable
data protection laws, we will request your consent at the time of data collection. Such processing will be carried out only after securing your consent.
- Performance of a contract: We may collect and use your personal information to enter into a contract with you or to perform our obligations under an existing contract with you.
- Compliance with a legal obligation: We may process your personal information if it is necessary to comply with a legal obligation.
As a general rule, all users are entitled to the rights outlined in this section. Nevertheless, the laws of your country of residence may confer certain specific rights concerning your personal information. You can avail yourself of these rights by getting in touch with us through the contact details provided below. While we strive to provide our users with the rights listed in this section, it is important to note that any or all of these rights may be subject to restrictions under applicable laws.
Depending on applicable law and jurisdiction, these rights may include:
- Right of Access: You have the right to obtain information regarding the processing of your personal information and access the personal information which we hold about you. Please note that there may be circumstances in which we are entitled to refuse requests for access to copies of personal information. In particular, information that is subject to legal professional privilege will not be disclosed other than to our client and as authorized by our client.
- Right to Rectification: You have the right to request that we correct your personal information if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to Erasure: You have the right to request that we erase your personal information in certain circumstances. Please note that there may be circumstances where you ask us to erase your personal information but we are legally entitled to retain it.
- Right to Object and Restrict Processing: You have the right to object to, and request that we restrict, our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances. However, there may be circumstances where you object to, or ask us to restrict, our processing of your personal information but we are legally entitled to refuse that request.
- Right to Data Portability: In some circumstances, you have the right to receive some personal information in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and/or request that we transmit that information to a third party where this is technically feasible. Please note that this right only applies to personal information which you have provided to us.
- Right to Withdraw Consent: You have the right to withdraw your consent, although in certain circumstances it may be lawful for us to continue processing without your consent if we have another legitimate reason (other than consent) for doing so.
- Right to Lodge a Complaint: You have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant data protection authority, if you think that any of your rights have been infringed by us.
DURATION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION RETENTION
We will store your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected, except in cases where we have agreed upon a longer retention period with you, or when a longer retention period is required or allowed by law.
DATA PROTECTION OFFICE
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the handling of your personal information, please do not hesitate to contact us. We have a designated Data Protection Officer who is responsible for overseeing our compliance with data protection laws and regulations. You can write to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
GOVERNING LAW, JURISDICTION AND DISPUTE RESOLUTION
UPDATES TO THIS POLICY
For any query, information or reporting of breach of this policy please write to us at